Introducing the EAI
The Electricity Association of Ireland (EAI) was established in 2008 and continues to grow in membership and activities.
EAI is the representative body for the electricity sector operating within the Single Electricity Market (SEM) on the island of Ireland. It was established with the initial aim of ensuring Ireland's ongoing membership of Eurelectric, the influential representative body for the electricity sector in Europe.
EAI Chief Executive Dara Lynott explains:
"We are an all-island organisation that provides a source of expert advice on industry matters and that works to enhance the industry's reputation. We do this by engaging with stakeholders and opinion makers to foster a greater understanding of the challenges facing the sector, and through creating linkages with other organisations in support of members' interests."
Membership of EAI comprises utilities that represent over 90% of generational and retail business activities and 100% of distribution activities within the SEM. Members range in size from international power utilities to independent single plant operators.
- Access to a wide range of industry expertise and knowledge
- Expert support in the policy/regulatory engagement process
- Access to policy-makers and the opportunity to influence the policy agenda at the domestic and EU levels
- Regular newsletter and updates
- Attendance at conferences/events
- Personalised member log-in to dedicated members' area on EAI website
- Membership to Eurelectric, the pan European association for the industry